Monday, June 18, 2012

Why I Love My Mondays

Just like Garfield and probably majority of the people.. I hate Mondays. Or at least hated

We're quite a small bunch in my dads side, so I only have a number of cousins I can count with only one hand. They're all quite young and live in America so you can just imagine how close I am to my aunt and uncles! 


Meet my Tita Pau! She's the youngest sister of my dad. She stands 4 foot 10 and 3 quarters. She's really small, but she has one of the biggest hearts. She's a nursery teacher, so you can just imagine how good she is with children. :) Being the ultra-competitive family that we are, she enjoys doing triathlon too. She's my RETRO wonder-twin, who in my opinion, CAN pull it off. ;) HAHA. *inside joke* She loves to eat and that's one reason why we get along so well!

So just recently, I've been spending my Mondays with this woman for a little bonding session we like to call "U.B.E." No, I am not referring to the yam instead the
 'Ultimate Bonding Experience'. 

We usually like staying in. We pig-out (no doubt about it), watch our favourite TV series of all time F.R.I.E.N.D.S., swim, or just talk about anything and everything that's happening in our lives. But yesterday, we decided to take it outside so we went to Greenbelt. 


Marciano's - A restaurant that serves American and Italian dishes is brought to you by the same makers of the Japanese restaurant in Greenbelt 5 called John and Yoko


Just a few of the surprises you will see when you look up the ceiling! 


It wasn't my first time coming. My tita wanted to eat in some place she hasn't eaten at before, so randomly this place came to mind because I am one that's big on the ambiance of the place and I remembered loving it at Marciano's


Meet the third member to our U.B.E. group. My brother, Josh. 


My U.B.E. buddies!


Frutti di Mari -- ordered by my tita because she's pescatarian. I on the other hand, am not really fond of salads and cannot eat calamari/squid, so I didn't bother trying it.


Legally Blonde - Penne in creamy tomato sauce with gorgonzola, anchovies and mushrooms. 

I ordered this hoping it would be similar to my favourite at Cibo, the Penne al Telefono. Sadly, it wasn't but it was pretty good still! I enjoyed it more than the bolognese below. :)


Trump Meat & Mushroom Bolognese. 

My brother and I are never satisfied with just one order, so we usually choose two dishes and have them split into two. The servings at Marciano's were pretty big, so it was just like ordering two pasta dishes per person.

'





We had Gelato for dessert and ordered three flavors. Mint chocolate, Biscottino, and Creme caramel. All so yummy! I love Gelatissimo. :") It was for me the perfect ending for a perfect monday. 

So now you know why I love my Mondays! I really do look forward to these small bonding sessions because family is so important to me and I'm proud to say that I have such a great bond with my family. So what is it about Mondays you love most? :)

Marciano's 
(02) 729-0467

                                 2/F Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center 
                                     Makati City, Metro Manila
                                              Philippines



No comments:

Post a Comment