Sunday, July 29, 2012

Xiao Long Wow!

The rainy weather today was quite sporadic! It's times like these when I don't want to get out of bed and I want to stay in all day long. Perhaps catch up on a good series, get a few of my favourite snacks, snuggle into my bed, listen to the falling rain and just enjoy life as we know it. 

Instead, like every weekend.. we decide to go out and either try something new or eat at our favourite restaurants. Sundays are known to be my brothers day and today he chose Shi Lin because he was craving our favourite, Xiao Long Bao; a burst of something warm to balance of the chilly weather. 


Today, I had planned to wear this dress but just threw in the tights moments before leaving because I felt quite chilly. I love these tights because their not as opaque as a lot of the tights that are being sold here in Manila.


Outfit of the day:

Dress: UNIQLO - Accessories & Tights: Shilin Market 
Bag: Louis Vuitton - Loafers: Archaeology, Rockwell




Extremely happy that we have Shi Lin here in Manila. 
It's got to be the closest to Din Tai Fung. Our favourite Xiao Long Bao place, ever!!!


Fried Rice with Pork Chop and Egg (P195.00)

(I ordered this before and enjoyed it very much. I love dishes that have a hint of sweetness to it. So if your preferences are the same, then I suggest you try this too!)


Spicy Spare Ribs (P289.00)


Shrimp and Pork Dumpling *6 pcs* (P148.00)


Xiao Long Bao *10 pcs* (P230.00)

Also known as "soupy dumplings". Every bite into this small dumpling always manages to surprise me once the warm soup hits my tongue. So better be careful! If you've never tried this before, I suggest you do try it soon! You're missing out. Definitely a foodgasmic experience. :)


Red Bean Pao 

The perfect ending to a cozy meal. We usually get two each because three would just be too much considering we still have dessert out afterwards. 

Preparing myself for ienne's last day at the Baker's Dozen in Rockwell, I succumbed to buying a few cupcakes. :")



We were about sixth in line today in getting a table at Shi Lin. I was actually getting a bit crabby because I didn't have a proper lunch, but it was definitely worth it! Xiao Long Bao is just THAT good. 

Leave me a comment below and let me know how your Shi Lin experience goes! :)

Shi Lin

Can be found at The Podium, Powerplant and The Fort. 

INSTAGRAM: arellanoalyssa
TWITTER: @ArellanoAlyssa
E-MAIL: alyssalopezarellano@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I love your dress! :) Did you get it at the Uniqlo here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, at MOA. :) Go tomorrow! I hear there's a sale but exclusive to SM advantage users only. I'm going 'cause Forever 21 just opened last week, too!

      Delete
    2. Darn, I didn't see your reply on time. Anyway, I would have been too lazy to drive there. Haha. Another time :) But I wanna check out the F21 also there!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, check it out! It's my favourite outlet. The one in Megamall has too many corners and I dunno, I just never liked the one in Makati. They seem to have more things here too! (MOA, I mean) Unless it was just the collection this season. =)) Check it out nalang! <3

    ReplyDelete