Friday, August 3, 2012

My Cebu Adventure: Cebu is the place to 'Be'

Today we arrived at Cebu just in time for the Ironman 70.3 race on Sunday. We checked into 'Be Resorts' hence my ever so corny blog title. 

It's located at the heart of Mactan and very nearby Shangri-la Mactan (where the race is being held) so things are pretty much convenient. 

The resort is beautiful. They have a game room, too! (Where I am blogging from now because it's the only place besides the lobby that shares free wi fi.) I've actually stayed here before but three years ago, it was named 'Microtel'. Nothing seems to have changed since then.







It's no surprise the resort lobby is filled with Kenneth Cobonpue interior, as he himself is a native in Cebu. I've mentioned him once before in my previous entry on Aria where you can read more of here.  



Simple, yet beautifully innovative work by one of my favourite interior designers, Kenneth Cobonpue. 



We got two rooms as we were traveling with baby for the first time. 

The photo above is a photo of the room I share with my brother and the photo below is the other room they checked in to. Both really clean and comfortable. :)





Bolognese (P280.00)

Ordered by me, of course. It was good. Nothing exceptional about it. 


Carbonara (P275.00)

Ordered by my brother. Honestly, I was quite jealous when it was handed to him because his looked more appetizing! Albeit sad to say, we were both disappointed as it was served cold. So he didn't really get to enjoy the dish. 


Liempo (P380.00)


Steamed Fish in Sweet Ginger Soya (P280.00)


Meat Lover's Pizza (P375.00)

Under recommendation of the waiter. Upon receiving the pizza, we were quite disappointed as to how tiny the serving was compared to how much it cost. Taste wise, nothing great either. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there's nothing wrong with the resort. I love its modern and stylish architecture, the calming feel I get whenever stepping inside our room and of course the beach front. Although, if ever you do plan on finding a place to eat.. I suggest you go else where because I won't promise any extraordinary experiences when eating here. 

Hope you guys are safe and dry in Manila because the weather here is surprisingly not as bad. Fingers crossed for the days to come. :)

Be Resorts, Mactan
Tel: (+6332) 236.8888
Fax: (+6332) 236.8088
E-mail: info@beresorts.com

INSTAGRAM: arellanoalyssa
TWITTER: @ArellanoAlyssa
E-MAIL: alyssalopezarellano@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment