Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Twin Tuesdays

I don't normally like Tuesdays. Only because I feel like it's still so distant from the weekend. Although yesterday was real fun! We spent our Tuesday doing the two things we loved to do most when we’re together. Eat and shop!! We hurried over to the Mall Of Asia for the one-day sale they had exclusive to SM advantage cardholders only.

First stop was one of my favourite shops, Forever 21. For all you wondering, it just opened last July 27. So if you haven’t gone, I suggest you go! I went gaga for the new collection and I’m sure you guys will too! There’s always a little bit for everybody in Forever 21. From a romantic inspired dresser like myself, to sporty, rock ‘n roll, and the latest craze nowadays: tribal and aztec.

I’m not going to lie, I still feel quite daunted whenever I step into a Forever 21 outlet. It’s just so huge! I never know where to begin. My mum and I spent a little bit less than two hours to really scan the whole store and try things on. I don’t know how long their promo runs, but you get a free Forever 21 umbrella once you reach 3k! I love freebies especially cute ones and this was definitely just that! 

We also paid UNIQLO a visit since MOA is the only mall that has it in the Philippines. I also went inside Terranova since it was after all 70% off! 

Lunch was all on our minds afterwards as we’ve already planned to have lunch at Lugang, my favourite Chinese/Taiwanese restaurant!





Steamed Pork Xiao Long Bao (P188.00)

I know we just had Xiao Long Bao a few days ago at Shi Lin (where you can read more on here), but they were just too hard to pass! These little burst of soupy dumplings are just to die for. Lugang’s version actually compares closest to the king of all Xiao Long Bao’s found at Din Tai Fung!


Sweet 'n Sour Pork (P290.00)


There’s never a time we don’t order Sweet ‘n Sour Pork at a Chinese restaurant. Lugang in my opinion serves the best Sweet ‘n Sour Pork in Manila! It takes a bit less than 20 minutes to cook, but it’s definitely worth the wait! It’s fried and cooked to perfection.


Shrimp Balls Breaded with Toast (P380.00)

It’s inevitable that my mum would know us more than anybody else when it comes to food because we do have majority of our food trips with her after all. So she ordered shrimp balls similar to the shrimp cakes we normally love at any Thai restaurant. We loved it, just as she predicted. The outer layer was just melt-in-your-mouth amazing and was greatly paired with the sweet ‘n sour sauce that came with it. 




Dong Bo Pork Belly with Steamed Buns (P320.00)

These were really good, too! Somewhat similar to 'cua pao' if you're any familiar with that. 


Steamed Red Bean Xiao Long Bao (P188.00)

We love Red Bean Pao but opted to order these dumplings instead since they didn't have it in their menu. They were pretty good as well! 

P.S. these Xiao Long Bao's have no soup inside. :)


Baked Red Bean and Sago Pudding (P120.00)

We were surprised to see how tiny the servings actually were but it was alright because I didn't really like it anyway. It was alright. It just wasn't my type of dessert. I guess what I mean to say is, it wasn't sweet enough. Haha!


My brother loves donuts and we noticed a Krispy Kreme drive-thru so we knew we had to drive by. 



Outfit for the day:

Striped henley: H&M - Sailor shorts & Flower clip: F21 
Flats: Cotton On -  Accessories: Taipei - Bag: Harrods, Singapore


All in all, a great Tuesday spent with my pig-out buds! :) I felt extremely bloated afterwards with all I've eaten I just hope all the clothes still fit well! Hihi. 

Hope this tempted you to at least give Lugang a try! I swear, it's worth your time. Comment below and tell me how your experience goes! Keep safe and stay dry. :)

Lugang Cafe

G/F SM Mall of Asia, Seaside DrManila Bay Reclamation Area, Pasay(02) 555-0219
or
Connecticut Street
San Juan, Philippines
+63 2 775 7599


INSTAGRAM: arellanoalyssa
TWITTER: @ArellanoAlyssa
E-MAIL: alyssalopezarellano@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment